Wednesday, September 12, 2012

CotM - Day 12

I have had such a long day, it's nice to finally get a chance to sit down and work on today's Character of the Month post. I felt like we needed an awe moment with Jace and Clary today, so here is a beautiful representation of one of the sweetest scenes in City of Glass. You know which one I mean.



“I won’t touch you, not if you don’t want me to. I know it’s wrong – God, it’s all kinds of wrong –but I just want to lie down with you and wake up with you, just once, just once ever in my life.” There was desperation in his voice. “It’s just this one night. In the grand scheme of things, how much can one night matter?”
Because think how we’ll feel in the morning. Think how much worse it will be pretending that we don’t mean anything to each other in front of everyone else after we’ve spent the night together, even if all we do is sleep. It’s like having just a little bit of drug –it only makes you want more.

But that was why he had told her what he had, she realized. Because it wasn’t true, not for him; there was nothing that could make it worse, just as there was nothing that could make it better. What he felt was as final as a life sentence, and could she really say it was so different for her? And even if she hoped it might be, even if she hoped she might someday be persuaded by time or reason or gradual attrition not to feel this way anymore, it didn’t matter. There was nothing she had ever wanted in her life more than she wanted this night with Jace.


City of Glass by ~kyo31 via theherondaleboys


This is such a beautiful depiction of this scene, I love the urgency in their embrace, yet they both seem so at peace asleep in each others arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment