Tuesday, September 11, 2012

CotM - Day 9 (Again)

OK, so this is my second attempt to post this CotM post, because for some reason (either my computer ate it which is possible, or I forgot to hit publish, which is also possible) I just noticed that this picture had not appeared on my blog. So here is my post for Day 9, I hope it works this time.

I love the idea for this post, the crossover of Jace holding Tessa's angle just sends my mind spinning, and I figured since we've been treated to TWO Clockwork Princess snippets this week, it was appropriate.

He flipped the book open to the front page, where the title was printed in ornate script. Across from it was a long dedication, the ink faded now and barely legible, though Clary could make out the signature: With hope at last, William Herondale.
"Some ancestor of yours," Clary said, brushing her finger against the page. 
"Yes. Odd that Valentine had it. My father must have given it to him." Jace opened at a random page and began to read.
"He unshaded his face after a little while, and spoke steadily. 'Don't be afraid to hear me. Don't shrink from anything I say. I am like one who died young. All my life might have been.'
"'No, Mr Carton. I am not sure that the best part of it might still be; I am sure that you might be much, much worthier of yourself.'"
"Oh, I do remember this story now," Clary said. "Love triangle. She picks the boring guy."
- Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls

I loved this scene in the book, although I'm still not sure I'm over the aftermath of what happened to this book...

No comments:

Post a Comment